- You will be asked some health screening questions when you arrive at the office. Your temperature will be taken with a contactless thermometer.
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask at all times, except for the patient when they are in the chair during their appointment. Also, prior to your appointment, we will require each patient to rinse with an anti-microbial hydrogen peroxide solution.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We sanitize the surfaces in the common areas of the office hourly. These include countertops, doorknobs, and armrests of chairs.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have medical grade HEPA air purifiers operating continuously to filter the air.
- We are limiting aerosol-producing procedures as much as possible, and when they are required, we have an additional medical grade vacuum to capture the aerosols and prevent them from lingering in the treatment room.
- You will notice that we are wearing additional PPE such as N95 masks, surgical caps, long sleeve jackets and face shields as a precaution to limit transmission.
Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns at (714) 846-1414. We look forward to providing the same excellent care you've always received, with extra precautions to eliminate the possibility of disease transmission.
Dentistry is an essential business, so we remain available to our patients regardless of the local COVID conditions. Do not delay necessary care as dental problems generally do not improve on their own!